internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Hosted phone service

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Hosted phone service
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 10:15:26 -0400

On 9/10/07, Tom Karches <tkarches AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with hosted phone service? Or possibly a
> Asterisk type system? Our church has outgrown its' PBX and we are
> looking at options.
>
> We currently have RoadRunner for internet service, though we are free
> to switch as of last month (were on a 2 year contract)

Tom,

You might give Jon Carnes at FeatureTel (http://featuretel.com/)
a call. They do sell hosted phone service, but Jon will honestly
answer any question you might have and even point you somewhere
else if they can't give you the best deal. He's been a great resource
for the Triangle Linux Users Group for years.

Other than that, you could also talk to Jason Tower at Cerient
(http://www.cerient.net/) I know he does Asterisk stuff.

Cheers,
Tanner
--