internetworkers - [internetworkers] Temp Linux admin position available at UNC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "H. Wade Minter" <minter AT lunenburg.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Temp Linux admin position available at UNC
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:02:10 -0400

Hello Internetworkers,

I'm looking for a Jr/Mid-level Linux system administrator to help me out at LEARN NC (http://www.learnnc.org/), a project of the UNC School of Education in Chapel Hill. We're a fairly small shop, around 15-20 Red Hat systems, mostly web (Apache/PHP) and database (MySQL) servers. I need someone who can take some of the day-to-day tasks off of my to-do list and get them done - someone who is familiar with common Linux tasks and is self-motivated to learn the rest. Sample projects that are falling behind are building out a new mail server (Postfix/Cyrus/amavis) and rearchitecting some fairly tangled website/server layouts onto new hardware in a sane configuration.

Experience with Mac OS X and basic Windows desktop support is a plus, but not required.

The job will start as a 3-month temp position, with the possibility of extending it up to 12 months depending on our needs and how well the person fits in. Salary is dependent on experience.

If you (or someone you know) is interested, drop me a resume here, or to minter AT learnnc.org.

Thanks,
Wade

  • [internetworkers] Temp Linux admin position available at UNC, H. Wade Minter, 08/20/2007