internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Where to Buy Computer Components

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Where to Buy Computer Components
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 12:19:27 -0400

Saw that yesterday on the drive home (saw the T.Direct sign from I85).  Couldn't believe it.

On 8/2/07, Lyman Green < lymang AT gmail.com> wrote:
OK, resurrecting a slightly old topic here.

FYI: I was at the Northgate Mall in Durham today because they've removed or
closed most of the nice, small DMV locations (not just in Durham, this
appears to have happened across NC) and now I need to drive a good bit
further away to do registration renewals in person.

Whilst cruising around the mall looking for parking that would be near the
DMV, I saw that Northgate has a TigerDirect!  It opened today, FYI.  I
didn't see any sale items that I needed to have, and in fact three of the
GeForce cards I was looking at had rebates that ended 7/31/07, which seemed
fairly useless.

STILL... my point was, that TigerDirect is now not only on Capitol Blvd a
million miles away from me, it's now only half a million miles away if I
wanna go to Northgate.

Or any of you want to go there for purchasing computer stuff and things.

FYI: I ended up going to Intrex after the DMV and my browse at TD.  The
Intrex on MLK in Durham is the closest to me, plus I had to go to Sam's for
various and sundry items I like to buy in bulk.  And I got a GeForce 8800GTS
320MB.  It crushes completely, the two GeForce 6800GS cards I had in SLI, by
the way.  Le Sigh, as Pepe LePew used to say.

Neverwinternights 2 was stuttering badly at medium graphics settings on the
6800GS cards.  It is a damn shame, as they ran World of Warcraft amazingly
well, up to and including all of Burning Crusade and patches thereafter,
even with all details turned onto highest of high.

I'm hoping I can sell them to recoup SOMETHING out of them.

Lyman