internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] INW gathering, Tuesday July 24th,

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver AT buni.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] INW gathering, Tuesday July 24th,
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:39:44 -0400

If it is at a non-smoking establishment I'll come sometimes to CH/Carboro...

Phillip Rhodes wrote:
Tanner Lovelace wrote:
That would be a great idea! Historically INW have been on the first
Thursday of each month. Lots of places already know that day of
the month, so why don't we go with that. That would be August 2 -
Thursday of next week. Want to pick a place? Historically we've
tried to rotate it: one month in Chapel Hill/Carborro, next in Durham,
that actually happened was in Durham where myself, Uzi, and Don
Rosenberg went to the Carolina Ale House. Tylers in Carborro is
a good place as the Flying Saucer in Raleigh (or possibly Tyler's
in Durham). Unless we get a flood of people, we probably don't
need a big reservation, just a place where people can hang out.

Interestingly, I know of one or two people who are interested
in doing a Chapel Hill / Carrboro area thing on a regular/semi-regular
basis. I don't see any reason we can't do both though. We can still
meet once a month on a rotating basis, and other folks who want to meet
can meet when and wherever they want as well.

Soo.... would anybody else here in the CH/Carrboro area have
any interest in meeting in CH/Carroboro (semi?)regularly?
I'd actually advocate for naming a time /place and declare
a weekly meeting. No doubt some people wouldn't want to attend
weekly, but that's OK. If the group changes from week to week
depending on who's available, no biggie.

Wednesday nights are probably my most free night, if anybody
else is interested. Wed. nights at Fuse, maybe?

TTYL,

Phil