internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] hosting for a non-profit -- RTPnet

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Amnon <amnon AT deltaforce.net>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] hosting for a non-profit -- RTPnet
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 14:23:31 -0400

matusiak wrote:
Isn't this what RTPnet does? <http://www.rtpnet.org/>

Yes! Thanks to those who have suggested RTPnet.

But we aren't free. We now pay $500/month for ISP services, including Internet access and system support. That may seem like a lot, but we get a lot of good service from Amnon Nissan and his staff at Deltaforce Technologies. With only about 125 members at roughly $60 each, that doesn't leave a lot of money left to put back into helping local community groups with their technology needs.

As you'll see at http://www.rtpnet.org/hosting/, $60/year will give you not only Web space, but also email lists. And a very responsive support team.

I know of one RTPnetmember that passes the hat every couple of years and renews their membership as far as those resources allow.

I'm coping Amnon <amnon AT deltaforce.net>. Feel free to contact either of us if you have any questions.

Judy
---