internetworkers - [internetworkers] Image SPAM

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Image SPAM
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 13:05:08 -0500

Is anyone else having trouble with these image spams getting past your spam filters? I'm getting quite a bit of it daily and since it has random generated text along with a unique gif image, Mail.app and Thunderbird are unable to spot it as Junk. I can't think of a way to deal with it other than writing a rule to mark all messages as Junk if they have a gif attached but that could mean that a lot of legit mail never makes it to me.

More info:
http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3616946

GIF image