internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] issues with INW job board? anyone have access to the code?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] issues with INW job board? anyone have access to the code?
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:02:53 -0500

Hey Steve (and everyone) --

I am really sorry I didn't get to respond to this, but I did look into it a bit.

Several things have changed recently with regards to the INW website.

#1 - ibiblio itself has changed -- including moving to a new physical location/new servers as well as upgrading their version of PHP. (this may or may not be a problem, but it has affected some older PHP- coded sites). The last time most of the INW site scripting was touched was probably 2 years ago...

#2 - the perl script that posted links to the "Our Links" section had to be disabled because of massive abuse by link spammers. This change took place just a week or so ago. I am pretty sure this is a completely different script than the one associated with the job board.

For all I could check out, I did not see why the job board was unable to post jobs, but when I tested it I got the same frustrating results as you. Then I flaked out for a week, enjoyed Thanksgiving with the family, then spent the next 6 days totally sick with some bug that is going around.

Again, sorry for not mentioning it earlier, Steve. If you have an ibiblio account, then Paul's crew can give you access to the files. If not, I'd bet a message to help [at] ibiblio [dot] org would get you an account in short order.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help get you set up. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention!

dave m.