internetworkers - [internetworkers] David Weinberger to present "Everything is Miscellaneous"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] David Weinberger to present "Everything is Miscellaneous"
  • Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:21:26 -0500 (EST)

A SILS sponsored talk that many Internetworkers will enjoy. Weinberger is author of "Small Pieces Loosely Joined" and the mastermind and co-author of "The Cluetrain Manifesto."

Who: David Weinberger
When: 2 pm Thurs Dec 7
Where: Murphey Hall Auditorium (room 116), UNC
What: "Everything is Miscellaneous"
The Henderson Lecture

Web expert to discuss the changing nature of information-sharing Dec. 7

The digital revolution and how it has eliminated the restrictions of physicality will be the subject of a Dec. 7 talk at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill by Dr. David Weinberger, coauthor of the best-selling book "The Cluetrain Manifesto" (Perseus Books, 2000).

Weinberger, a commentator on National Public Radio's "All Things Considered" and "Here and Now," will speak at 2 p.m. in 116 Murphey Hall. "Everything is Miscellaneous" will be the title of the free public talk, this year's Henderson lecture held by the School of Information and Library Science.

"We are in the midst of this revolution that touches how we organize our businesses, our customers' control of the information they touch and the 'who' and 'what' of trust," said Weinberger, who recently was accepted as a fellow at Harvard University's Berkman Center for Internet & Society.

Weinberger was senior Internet adviser for Howard Dean's presidential campaign. His articles have appeared in Harvard Business Review, The New York Times, Wired Magazine, The Guardian and other publications. He is a columnist for KMWorld and Darwin magazines. He is currently completing work on Everything is Miscellaneous, which is to be published by Times Books in the spring of 2007.

The Lucile Kelling Henderson Lecture Series was established in 1990 to honor the memory of Lucile K. Henderson, a school faculty member from 1932 to 1960 and dean from 1954 to 1960. A reception will follow the talk.

For more information, visit http://sils.unc.edu/news/releases/2006/10_hendersonlecture.htm or contact Wanda Monroe at (919) 843-8337 or wmonroe AT unc.edu.

Wanda Monroe
Director of Communications
School of Information and Library Science
100 Manning Hall
Campus Box 3360
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3360
Phone: 919.843.8337
Web site: sils.unc.edu

--- You are currently subscribed to jomcfac as: pjones AT metalab.unc.edu. To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-13550280-107946W AT listserv.unc.edu

  • [internetworkers] David Weinberger to present "Everything is Miscellaneous", Paul Jones, 11/21/2006