internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Looking for local news via RSS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Calvin Powers" <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Looking for local news via RSS
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 08:04:12 -0500

d'oh! I instinctively avoid "member center" sections of web sites because I don't like to create registrations unless I really have too. So I'd missed the RSS feed page. In this case though it's worth it. Thanks for the pointer.

Calvin

On 11/18/06, H. Wade Minter <minter AT lunenburg.org> wrote:

On Nov 18, 2006, at 8:26 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> I've been been looking for RSS feeds that cover news for the RTP
> area and have so far only found two feeds from WRAL:
> AP Headlines for North Carolina: http://www.wral.com/apncnews/
> headlines.rss
> WRAL Top Local Stories: http://www.wral.com/news/topstory.rss
>
> Anyone out there know of any other RSS feeds that have local (or
> statewide) news?

The N&O offers feeds:

http://www.newsobserver.com/member_center/rss/index.html

---