internetworkers - [internetworkers] Nov 13 Dan Gillmor on We the (Traditional) Media

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Nov 13 Dan Gillmor on We the (Traditional) Media
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 19:29:48 -0500 (EST)

Please come and please forward as appropriate -- Thanks PJ

What: We the (Traditional) Media: As citizen media explodes, journalism organizations are finally beginning to understand--and use--the tools and techniques. We'll look at how this is happening, how far it may go and why it matters.

Who: Dan Gillmor, Director of the Center for Citizen Media and author of We the Media: Grassroots Journalism By the People, For the People

When: Monday November 13 beginning at 4 pm

Where: Pleasants Family Room, Wilson Library, UNC-CH

Sponsor: ibiblio.org

Links:
http://citmedia.org/ Center for Citizen Media
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/wethemedia We the Media
http://www.lib.unc.edu/wilson/ Wilson Library
http://ibiblio.org ibiblio.org

Contact: Paul Jones <pj AT unc.edu>

  • [internetworkers] Nov 13 Dan Gillmor on We the (Traditional) Media, Paul Jones, 11/06/2006