internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] fresh pasta anywhere, any time

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: DonBartholf AT aol.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] fresh pasta anywhere, any time
  • Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 16:24:58 EDT

It works very well as noted below. The attachment is indeed an extruder that has fittings that make pasta of various types and parts to grind meat. I've tried most of the pasta types and do the spaghetti most often. The mixer is strong enough to mix the dough and that's a good thing. Better yet, is a food processor with a bread blade. I usually run the dough through the extruder once real fast with a large steel plate. Remix it and send it through real slow with the spaghetti plate. Is everyone hungry yet? It is a pain to clean, so I look forward to trying the bread trick. Don B.
I have a pasta attachment on my kitchenaid and I love it.  So far it hasn't gummed up on me or clog in any way.  I run some old bread through it to clean it out (just like the meat grinder) then I pull it all apart and wash it.  The pasta comes out really nice.  There is an extra bit of texture and smoothness that comes out of homemade pasta.  Yummie stuff.  Still I end up cooking boxed pasta 8 out of 10 times and I really don't know why.  I should use the pasta maker often with as much of the stuff as we eat.

+1 Kitenaid w/Pasta maker
+1 for the meat grinder attachment as well