internetworkers - [internetworkers] maximum filename length

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] maximum filename length
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:49:50 -0400

Normally my search-fu on the internet is excellent, but I cannot find anything that clearly denotes:

Maximum filename length for files on a device running Windows Mobile (5.0 I guess since that's the latest)

and

Maximum filename length for files on an Ipod (video, probably 60GB version)

If any of you have more powerful search-fu than I do, I would appreciate any answers you come up with.  I'd like backup reference material as well but if I can't get it and you just know you're right I'll take that kind of answer too.

TIA,

Lyman

--
And in the boiling lake both fell.  The heat
Was umpire soon between them, but in vain