internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] request for logo opinion

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Scott Boggs" <scott AT scottboggsdesign.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] request for logo opinion
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 17:27:33 -0400

I like #1 generally. #2 and #3 look more like a raft guide logo. #5 seems to lose the river concept, and gives more a circuit board idea.

I've modified #1 to see what it'd look like with the river's end moved over to make the N more N-like, in the process it sort of makes an implied R. I don't know that I like it better than the original.

Also, the modified version puts the tag line in small caps in a sans-serif font. San-serif fonts are the norm for techie logos, as they read faster and imply speed. Also here the caps re-iterate the san-serif N which in the icon above, and let the serif fonted name of the company stand out as different.

Just some thoughts.

Happy Interdependence Day all.
Scott