internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] request for logo opinion

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Lundgren <internetworkers AT capitalfellow.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] request for logo opinion
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:26:03 -0400

On Jun 30, 2006, at 8:45 AM, Jim Ray wrote:

i wanted to take a little straw poll and see which logo you thought
would work best and why:

#1 is my favorite because of its simplicity & cleaness but I don't like the bottom.

Some how I feel like I "lose" the shape of the N. Maybe if the top angle of the N was parallel to the right side angle of the river bend. Or maybe instead of ending the river out to the side, "pull" the river tip "up" to a disappearing point thereby reinforcing the shape of an N with a clear separation between the left "leg" of the letter and the body. Or a third option compromise between the two ideas and have the river disappear to a point that is diagonal from its current location to such that the river parallels the top downward angle. $0.02.

#3 is clean but at the expense not being as iconic as #1.

- SL