internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Creepy noises in my backyard

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Creepy noises in my backyard
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 13:05:15 -0400

The finest herpetologist I could find guessed "Raccoons?"

Begin forwarded message:

From: Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
Date: May 13, 2006 1:06:23 AM EDT
To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Subject: [internetworkers] Creepy noises in my backyard

I'm alone tonight cranking some code and I start hearing some wacky
noise coming from the back door. I figure its just some cats fighting
until I go out on the back deck and really get a good listen. I have no idea what was making this noise but damn if it wasn't scary! Here is the sound clip that I recorded with my digital camera so its not the best.

The clapping noise around 38 seconds is my neighbor trying to stop
whatever was causing it by clapping. The noise came from high in the trees and although you can't hear it on the recording, I heard the sound of
branches breaking. Any biologists on the list that have a clue what this
was? I grew up in the country and never heard anything like this.

http://www.notsleepy.com/weirdness2.mov