internetworkers - [internetworkers] RTF brings "Techie Tuesdays" to RTP

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] RTF brings "Techie Tuesdays" to RTP
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:29:12 -0400

In case you missed it, this week the Research Triangle Foundation begun a new monthly party for the 37,600 techies in our local area. There was a blurb in the Monday edition of The News & Observer, but my week has been too busy to post it until now.

Regardless, the words that caught my eye were "FREE BEER." And I'm not talking about either Linux, nor about "Free Speech."

No, I am talking about "FREE BEER!"

This past event was Tuesday April 25, 2006 from 4:30 PM to 7 PM. I know, I know -- two and a half hours is just not enough time to take advantage of FREE BEER. Maybe they will host some marathon FREE DRINKING sessions later in the year.

The article said to visit www.rtp.org for more information, but I found, as lovely as their site is, that there was no search function and locating info on "Techie Tuesdays" was about as hard as getting a $2.00 gallon of gasoline. Here is the brief link I eventually located:

http://www.rtp.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=in_the_news_item&id=295

The event took place at the Radisson Hotel, 150 Park Drive in RTP. The sidebar distinctly mentioned FREE FOOD, DRINKS, AND PRIZES. Come to think of it, I don't know how I missed this event as it sounds like the kind of state lottery I could just keep on playin' and winnin'.

Regardless, you should start marking your techie invite party google calendars for next month (location/event TBA). I'm guessing that they will be following a similar time/beer model for future events. I just hope they didn't give away all of the prizes...

dave "Did I mention the FREE BEER?" m.

--
Creating chaos in all the right places...
... http://ibiblio.org/matusiak/