internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Podcastercon 2006

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Podcastercon 2006
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:57:25 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Calvin Powers wrote:

I was trying to remember the name of the MP3 recording device that several
people in the audience had and said were good to use for interviews. etc. I
believe it was the Edirol R-1. Does that ring a bell?

From recent discussion on a music list I'm on about portable recorders for
fieldwork, the Edirol R-1 is popular. The soon-to-ship R-09 "is much smaller than the R-1 and has built-in microphones".

http://www.edirol.net/products/en/R-09/specs.html

Another person suggested the M-Audio Microtrack.

Electronic Musician recently posted a good comparison of six tapeless recorders:
http://emusician.com/daw/emusic_playing_field/

Steve B