internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Best Universal Remotes

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Best Universal Remotes
  • Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:47:02 -0500

On Mar 8, 2006, at 2:06 PM, Colleen McCarthy wrote:

Hi Folks,

Thanks again for all of the very helpful information on NetFlix! I received
my first three DVDs yesterday :)!

Now I have a related question: Do any of you have any comments on universal
remotes? I got a great deal on a used 32" TV, but the original remote was
not available. I need to get one, and thought that I'd ask for advice
first.

One that fits your gear. Hands down the BEST remote I've ever used is the Harmony brand remotes. If you're the kind of person where you have 3 or 4 different remotes out on the table to control multiple devices (DirecTV, AV Receiver, TV, DVD Player, etc) then you really want a Harmony remote. See http://www.logitech.com/harmony

If all you have is a single device or maybe two, like just a DVD player hooked directly to your TV, then just about any remote from Radio Shack will do you good.

So, any other AV / Home Theater nuts out on the list? Here's my first run at setting up a dedicated HT room: http://donpoo.net/gallery/ht/ and as with any project there are improvements to be done!

--
Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1