internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] FrontPage guru

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: raustin3 AT nc.rr.com
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] FrontPage guru
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 13:32:19 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Susan Manning
Date: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 8:46 am
Subject: [internetworkers] FrontPage guru

> BEWARE! We have finely tuned B.S. detectors among our staff. Read
> our lips:

I hate to break it to you, but your B.S. detectors need adjusting
if you already have a site dependent on FrontPage. Your company is
a cow ready to be milked. I am not a Microsoft basher, but FrontPage
was a failed product for serious web development. It was made for a
quick and dirty site for grandma or a site with a few uncomplicated
pages.

It will cost you much less to get a proper web site made from your
current one rather than trying to fix all the foibles of FP IMHO.
You already have your site visually designed so most of it will be
coding. Other people on the list may argue that point, but most
will have little good to say about FrontPage. In my career, most
systems worked better after reformatting the disk and reinstalling
without the FP extensions present.

If you really want a FP wizard, I would see if there is a user
group for that "product" locally. You might also want to contact
a local geek training place like PPI or New Horizons to see if
they know of a consultant who can help you. Good luck to you. Get
ready to spend some money.

I suggest that you should punt.
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items
including the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet.