internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] CATV signals

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Caswell <derpimpkar AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] CATV signals
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 00:15:27 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the help to those who replied.

I ended up replacing my CATV cable with decent short run RG6 stuff. I also
replaced the splitter with a better one. The signal definitely improved.

Removing the surge supressor helps the signal too but I'm worried about
permanently removing it. I know lightning will go right through it but
that's not what I'm trying to stop. Is it possible to have power spikes
across the CATV cable big enough to damage the TV?

Tom