internetworkers - [internetworkers] information on people who write HTML

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ann Marie <ama AT annmarieamicodesign.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] information on people who write HTML
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 20:47:49 -0400

Title: information on people who write HTML
Hi

I'm new to the list. I'm hoping this group might have some answers to some issues I'm struggling with.

I'm a graphic designer and I'm having trouble finding skilled help writing HTML for brochure-type websites. I'm looking for someone who writes HTML, is knowledgeable of usability issues, is willing to put the time towards trouble shooting cross browser compatability issues and is also willing to work within the budget of small businesses. To date, the sites we've produced are between five and twenty-five pages. A few e-commerce sites. But generally quite simple.

I have worked for a long time with a woman who knew a lot about usability. We tried to produce our sites in HTML to keep them fast and avoid cross browser and platform problems. Our clients are generally small businesses and frequently their customers are not particularly web savy. We try to make the navigation simple and intuitive.

The woman I work with gotten very busy with a client that requires her to be on site and I'd like to find someone else to supplement what she's able to do. So far I've not found many people who write HTML. Most of the people I talk to are using Dreamweaver now.

I do the design side and don't wish to do the coding. Is it impractical to try to continue with HTML? Many of the Dreamweaver sites I visit do not maintain their visual integrity when I view them on my Mac in Explorer. That's been the benefit of the HTML, along with the fact that the woman I worked with was very good about working until she found the problems in the code that kept them from working on different browsers.

I'm also not sure of what the going hourly rate is these days for people writing HTML.

Last thing for now--has anyone worked with Contribute much? For clients with no knowledge of how web sites work, is it a reliable tool for doing updates? Does it work with sites written in HTML or do they need to be produced in Dreamweaver to have it work effectively?

Thanks in advance for any advice that's out there.

Ann Marie Amico

Ann Marie Amico Design Inc.
-smart design is smart business-

tel: 919.557.7222