internetworkers - [internetworkers] Do You Have One of these Laser Printers?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ken <kpughmisc AT pughkilleen.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Do You Have One of these Laser Printers?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:33:22 -0400

Like a previous poster, my workhorse laser printer - a TI Microlaser Pro 600 has given up the ghost. It's printing lighter and lighter. All the info at www.fixyourownprinter.com doesn't help. (Highly recommend this site).

So I looked at all the reviews in all the mags and came up with these
printers:

Dell 1700N
Brother 5170DN
Hewlett Packard 1022n or nw
Hewlett Packard 1320n

I've read reviews (commercial and individual) that like and dislike each printer. Other than buying one of each and trying them, I'd like to find out if anyone has experience / strong feelings with any of them.

If there's any other general printer on the market that you'd recommend, I'd like to know. Here are my needs:

Monthly cycle: 5000 (so anything up to 20000)
Network: Wired or wireless (I'd rather not have a print serving computer always on)
Resolution: Preferably 1200 x 1200
Text quality: very good (This is it's main use).
Image quality: not important (I have a photo printer for that)
Graphic quality: very good (I do a lot of drawings)
Cost per page: low (obviously).
Paper jams: few (better if not highly sensitive to humidity)
Memory: 16 MB (I'm seeing many "Out of memory" errors on my current printer).

Thanks,

Ken

  • [internetworkers] Do You Have One of these Laser Printers?, Ken, 06/15/2005