internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Newly formed Triangle PHP Users Group

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Scott G. Hall" <ScottGHall AT BellSouth.Net>
  • To: "Internetworkers Discussion Group" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Newly formed Triangle PHP Users Group
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:50:13 -0400

Further info:

Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 16:51:51 -0500
From: "drasch" <rasch AT raschnet.com>
Subject: Meeting: Thursday May 19th, 2005--Welcome to TriPUG
First, I'd like to thank everyone for joining the mailing list. I
hope we can, together, build this into an open forum for discussion of
all topics PHP including but not limited to troubleshooting, new
technology, civil debate, and career networking.

We will be meeting this Thursday, May 19, 2005, 7pm at the Panera just
off I-540 at the US-70 exit. Directions are available on the website
(http://www.tripug.org). Discussion topics will include: Departure
from Meetup.com, brainstorm for future meeting topics, and consider
new meeting locations.

I'll let this serve as a jumping point for suggestions, ideas, and
general discussion about how we'd like to grow this forum into a
useful resource for PHP expertise.

Some ideas off the top of my head:
* publish on the website tutorials on getting PHP going on Windows,
Mac OS, and different Linux flavors
* Template engines
* advanced object oriented programming with PHP5
* bytecode compilation
* discussions of PECL modules
* DB abstraction modules
* ideas.....?