internetworkers - [internetworkers] Nextel Broadband?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin Webb <kevin AT tackledesign.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Nextel Broadband?
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:20:14 -0800

Hey,

I'm new to the list so apologies if this is too far off topic, however:

I'm currently working with an installation artist in Durham to develop an interactive audio piece that will be displayed at Duke in April/May. As part of the project we're creating a wireless data link between two buses that will carry high quality audio (conversations between riders - so that people on one bus can talk to folks on the other bus).

Our hope had been to use Nextel's Broadband service as the link but given their recent plans to scrap the network we're no longer able to buy an account.

However, I am wondering if there are any current users out there that might be willing to give up their cards/accounts for the last month or so of their service? (Apparently Nextel plans to shutdown the network in June.) If so we'd be willing to pay for the cost of the card and your monthly subscription fees starting in April or the end of March. Plus you'd get to be part of a very nifty installation (and we'd give you big time credit for helping us out)!

Assuming this doesn't work out we'll use Sprint's PCS based data service but that's a bit of a compromise. So if there's anyone out there that has Nextel Broadband or if you know anyone who does please drop me a line...

Take care,
Kevin

kevin AT tackledesign.com