internetworkers - [internetworkers] North Carolina - "First in Freedom?" Not so... outdone by Montana?!?!?!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] North Carolina - "First in Freedom?" Not so... outdone by Montana?!?!?!
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 02:50:46 -0500

So, Montana's state House just passed a bill
stating that they won't cede their drivers license
authority to Washington D.C.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/7040868/

That's nice, but I'm disappointed. We live in North Carolina,
a state with an unofficial state motto of "First in Freedom,"
and a state that used to have that motto on it's license
tags; a state with an incredibly proud heritage of
valuing freedom and liberty - and yet we weren't first
to do this. Worse yet, we were beaten to the mark by... Montana????
WTF? New Hampshire ("Live Free or Die") I could see. But
freakin' Montana?

C'mon, surely North Carolinians expect
more than this from our leadership. Anybody who cares,
I encourage you to please call or write your state House
and Senate reps and ask them to follow Montana's lead and
tell the Feds to shove their "Real ID" crap.

TTYL,

Phil
--
North Carolina - First In Freedom