internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] used computer

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: DonBartholf AT aol.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] used computer
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 13:07:31 EST

In a message dated 2/28/05 9:28:25 AM Central Standard Time, thomas AT tbeckett.com writes:
You could probably put Linux on it and get some use out of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1247&item=5168947354
Thats the most expensive item I've ever seen on E-bay ($400,000 for a used Cray Super Computer) 5 years old and no guarentee that it can reassembled, I don't think its plug and play so getting it set up will be fun. I wonder if anyone who needed such computing power could come up with the funds in five days or would take the risk. Anyway, I'm watching this item and will report the selling price in 5 days.I bet you were looking for a new laptop anyway!

Don B