internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Math Problem

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: John Broome <john AT jbroome.dyndns.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Math Problem
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:09:43 -0500

Alan MacHett wrote:
anyone know of a search engine where punctuation counts? by and large,
punctuation should be ignored in searches, however at the moment I'm
trying to look up the definition of "n!" and the search engines are
ignoring the exclamation point.

to that end, what *is* the longhand for "n!"? I don't believe it's the
same as "n + n^2 + n^3 + ... n^n" -- which really is the problem I'm
trying to solve. Is there a shorthand (say, perhaps a calculator
function) for "n^1 + ... n^n"??

Would 'n factorial' find what you're looking for?