internetworkers - [internetworkers] local VOIP phone provider recommendation

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: Internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org:"http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] local VOIP phone provider recommendation
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:00:50 -0500

I recently switched my small business to a local VOIP provider FeatureTel from BellSouth, and wanted to recommend them to the internetworkers list. I was able to move from 3 direct lines to 5 lines plus adding an automated attendant and a several virtual mailboxes, and its cutting my phone costs in half. The new phone system is incredibly flexible in terms of features; there's no way I could have afforded this with a traditional land line phone system, and the features weren't even offered by the likes of Vonage and Packet8.

The folks at FeatureTel are experienced local technical folks who were in the same position as many of us, i.e. laid off during the "bad times" a couple of years ago, and you've probably seen them around at local user groups like the LUG. This is a chance to get a great phone service and keep the business in the neighborhood.

The one thing I would caution is they've gotten really busy through word of mouth and it could take weeks to get you hooked up, and they don't have much of a web presence. You can call Joy Currens at 459-2307 for more information.

michael at czeiszperger dot org
Chapel Hill, NC USA

  • [internetworkers] local VOIP phone provider recommendation, Michael Czeiszperger, 02/23/2005