internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Typing Style as Password

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Typing Style as Password
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 16:53:55 -0500

I'd agree but I *do* like another idea (that's probably old as the
hills) that came up recently. A researcher as MS has proposed that
password schemes begin to require phrases instead of words for users.

I'd imagine that the phrases would be both somewhat unique and easy to
come up with and remember for most people, and the number of
characters alone would dramatically increase the security compared to
single dictionary words or the like that people use now. One downside
of course would be a likely lack of numbers in the phrase but...

Evan