internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Zenph Studios?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Zenph Studios?
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:51:19 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Sil Greene wrote:
http://www.zenph.com

That's not a description, that's the biggest load of marketing manure
I've seen in a while. OK, maybe not the biggest, but "Rachmaninoff,
Horowitz, Glenn Gould, Fats Waller, and Thelonious Monk can literally
play 'live' again"?? please. unless they've managed to perfect
resurrections, this statement is patently false, and it aids any other claims about their technology straight into the "useless" category.

Ha ha I had to go back and read it after that.... and I must agree...

so basically they've taken fine concert pianos and turned them into
midi controllers, and their breakthrough is that instead of each
keypress generating one midi event, it generates seven. higher
precision makes sense but sounds a little ... empty, compared to
the marketing claims.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1990 Ducati 750 Sport