internetworkers - [internetworkers] For the Female INW :)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Colleen McCarthy" <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers AT Lists.Ibiblio.Org (E-mail)" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] For the Female INW :)
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 15:04:58 -0500

Hi Folks,

The W5 is a non-profit networking and service organization started by a friend of mine.  We meet (at least) once a month on the third Thursday of the month, but often there is a party, dinner, game, wine tasting, or some other social event that has us getting together more frequently.  We hold many (FUN!) fund-raisers, and just two weeks ago held a Bid for Bachelors at Exploris that raised $40K for the Women's Center of Wake County.  It was a *great* time, and we had some really nice items donated for the auction-- a weekend for two at the Grove Park Inn, landscaping service, original art.  It was the most upscale event of this nature that I've attended, and everything was top-notch.

The W5 is open to any female over 21, and there are no rules and no dues.  We have no political or religious affiliation, just a common desire to provide help where needed and to try make the world a better place-- and have a damn good time doing it!

We're meeting this Thursday in Cary, and I guarantee that if you come out you'll have a great time and likely make some new friends.

The forwarded email has the details. I hope to see you!

Colleen