internetworkers - [internetworkers] Subject? Haha... (mainly re: the gathering)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Subject? Haha... (mainly re: the gathering)
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 01:04:54 -0500

First things first, a big thank you to everyone who came out tonight,
mainly the people I talked to, but everyone who was there.

Secondly, but no less important: Thanks InternetWorkers list for
existing. You rock. From great discussions about whatever the topic of
the moment is to threads-that-weren't that just were an awesome link
to whatever else I can't put my finger on right now.

I owe a lot to this list, a good portion and probably most of my
really good friends I met by proxy through the list, I've learned so
much and its just incredible. I feel like I stumbled into (really was
shown, but thats neither here nor there) something simply incredible.
I can say for sure that I would not be a fragment of who I am today
without the interactions and conversations that this list has and has
led me into and such... everything from drinkin' buddies to making my
head hurt from trying to wrap it around incredible discussions,
thanks.

This is most definitely a weird post, but hopefully sometime in the
future I'll get it all together about how, basically, INW has changed
my life and person for the better, but until then, most of you will
just have to go "WTF?"

And it is by no means anything spectacular, mind opening, or out of
the ordinary, but I'd just like to throw out there to people who would
be interested the address of the blog I haven't really spoken much
about but most defninitley speak a lot on (but not usually about
anything really earth-shattering or mind-altering) and you can find it
at livejournal.com/~frijole.

So anyway, I'll wrap this up before it gets any stranger and go clean
the crap off my bed so I can lay there and try to fall asleep but be
kept awake by the thoughts that came from the awesome conversations I
had tonight at the gathering.

'Till next time, I'm still just
~ian