internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Tanner's pix is in the N&O...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Tanner's pix is in the N&O...
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:26:07 -0500

Heh. If you won't post it, I will :-)

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/wake/story/2051102p-8436233c.html

It only asks for a password the second time you view something from their
website (and uses cookies, so if you disallow cookies from .newsobserver.com
and/or www.newsobserver.com, you never get asked for a password).

The other 3 people are friends of mine that also geocache. They are
Jason, in front;
Kenny, on crutches (he actually broke his leg geocaching in
Nashville); and Kenny's
wife Rita (in green, completely bundled up because it started snowing
just before
we went out). The pictures were taking a week ago yesterday in Morrisville
(at geocache GCKZ7X, for those geocachers out there :-). One of the local
cachers had been in contact with the N&O about the article, and he contacted
Kenny about getting a group together to go caching with the photographer.
The photographer was very nice and snapped lots of pictures. She had no idea
when the article would run, but I'm glad to see it finally did.

If anyone on the list is interested in geocaching, btw, we're having a
geocaching
event (GCMJFP) coming up soon and that's a good way to meet local
cachers and learn more about the sport. I'll also answer any questions
that people might have.

Cheers,
Tanner