internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] gathering thursday

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: DonBartholf AT aol.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] gathering thursday
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 22:56:45 EST

I am planning on attending, but the fates may intervene. I confess that I don't usually drink coffee at night because well...it keeps me up all night, surprising that it doesn't do that during the day. But I would like to reconnect with the group and see what you look like sober. On second thought, I'll change that to say "to see what you look like under the influence of caffeine in addition to whatever.

Among my topics for discussion include, the home network I set up (my Internet connection speed increased dramatically) , the apparent continual assault on my system of whatever that the newly installed Norton software is reporting that it is protecting me from (is it real or a thinly veiled marketing ploy), what version of LINUX should I try (there are several), and how do I partition my hard drive and establish a routing command during startup to choose which partition to boot from.

I have also seen Dawn of the Dead and am seeking thoughts on how to deal with such speedy zombies should the need arise. While I feel prepared to deal with Night of the Living Dead zombies, I'm not sure if I should take these new zombies seriously.

Don B