internetworkers - [internetworkers] Webcasting-mania Continues!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Webcasting-mania Continues!
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:18:48 -0500 (EST)

for a version of this with links see:
http://ibiblio.org/pjones/wordpress/index.php?p=118

Three of the participants from the WXYC Webcasting Panel will be on WUNC's
State of Things tomorrow (Wednesday) at noon-ish. We'll plenty to say
about the old days when we invented Internet radio and more to say about
new developments such as podcasting, Internet2 streaming, and p2p radio as
well as about legal hurtles created by the monopolists. I'm sure we'll
also mention bands that allow their live concerts to be taped and shared,
McGuinn and others who use the Internet for distribution, and Koleman
Strumpf's study that showed no effect on sales caused by file trading.

Tune in and call in. We will be bigger than Janet Jackson and there are
three of us! The three being Michael Shoffner, David McConville and me.

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/blog/
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071

  • [internetworkers] Webcasting-mania Continues!, Paul Jones, 11/23/2004