internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] DSL Service

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] DSL Service
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:50:36 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 DonBartholf AT aol.com wrote:
I have tried to decipher the offerings from Bell South and Earthlink. Since
BellSouth owns the lines I use, doesn't everyone else have to buy DSL service
from Bellsouth to sell to me? In the various ads I have read, BellSouth seems
to offer the "highest" of transfer rates.

Everyone does not buy their DSL service from Bellsouth but they do have to pay for access to the lines. What you need to find out is who is in your local area. Who has a DSLAM in your CO.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1990 Ducati 750 Sport