internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] TTA needs this

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] TTA needs this
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:43:49 -0500

I'm really looking forward to the light rail system currently
contemplated in Durham and Raleigh for 2007-2010. I know I would take
that instead of commute to Raleigh, and I'm sure quite a few others
would do the same -- not to mention the ease of getting to downtown in
the evenings.

It wouldn't benefit everyone perhaps, but if you look at the effect
subways/els have on commuters (abandoning cars..), I feel sure it
would be worth it over time.

Evan

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:48:43 -0500, Shea Tisdale <shea AT sheatisdale.com> wrote:
> Alan MacHett wrote:
> >
> > okay, what we really need is a light rail system rather than I-40
> > construction, but this is pretty cool too:
>
> I'm not for more road construction, but I think a light rail system will be
> a total waste of money here.
>

> > http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041113/wr_nm/column_li
> > vewire_dc
> > ///
> > Livewire: Web Sites Help Ease Grind of Daily Commute
> > Sat Nov 13, 7:33 AM ET
> > Technology - Internet Report
> > By Lisa Baertlein
> >
> > SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - The Internet not only is transforming the way we
> > shop and search for information, but it also is quietly smoothing the
> > grind of the daily commute.
> > ///
> >

> > ---
> > Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
> > You are currently subscribed to InterNetWorkers mailing list
> > To unsubscribe visit
> > http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/internetworkers

Evan

evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com