internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Firefox 1.0

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Firefox 1.0
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 14:14:28 -0500

Originally only sent to Evan... (Evan, sorry about the duplicate...)

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:10:59 -0500, Evan Zimmerman
<evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com> wrote:
> Not in awhile. I tried it back before Safari launched, but haven't
> picked it up since. I've been alternating between Firefox and Safari
> -- I prefer the "idea" of Firefox and I like the plugin system, but
> Safari is more refined at the moment on OS X.
>
> Camino doesn't have all of the features of FF does it? Extensions,
> tabs etc? Maybe I'll take a look tonight. Ah... choice :-)
>

> Evan

Tabs, yes. Extensions, doesn't appear so.

I tried it a while back and wasn't too impressed with it, but I recently
tried it again and it's gotten much better. They used to be working
off the mozilla 1.0 codebase but have recently switched to the 1.7
one. I don't know if there are any issues with why they don't support
extensions or if they will in the future or not (they're only at version
0.8.? now).

Cheers,
Tanner