internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Bush's bulge bothers bloggers (and others)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Evan Zimmerman <evan.zimmerman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Bush's bulge bothers bloggers (and others)
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 17:21:50 -0500

Just for old times sake -- looks like Alan was right:

http://www.hillnews.com/under_dome/110404.aspx

"The last word on Bush's bulge

Call off the conspiracy freaks. Now it can be told: That mysterious
bulge on President Bush's back during the first presidential debate
was not an electronic device feeding him answers, but a strap holding
his bulletproof vest in place.

Speculation about the bulge on the Internet only increased since
Georges de Paris, the Washington tailor who makes Bush's suits, told
The Hill last month that it was nothing more than a pucker on the back
of Bush's coat caused when he crossed his arms.

But sources in the Secret Service told The Hill that Bush was wearing
a bulletproof vest, as he does most of the time when appearing in
public. The president's handlers did not want to admit as much during
the campaign, for fear of disclosing information related to his
personal security while he was on the campaign trail."

It _was_ fun though :-)

Evan