internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Iran Endorsement?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Smith <paul AT foundryzero.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Iran Endorsement?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 23:34:30 -0400

Evan Zimmerman wrote:
I'm not much for Tehran meddling in American politics, but I have to
admit with all of the 'terrorists support John Kerry' type rhetoric
going around, the irony is rich:

"The head of Iran's security council said Tuesday that the re-election
of President Bush was in Tehran's best interests, despite the
administration's axis of evil label, accusations that Iran harbors
al-Qaida terrorists and threats of sanctions over the country's
nuclear ambitions."
"We do not desire to see Democrats take over."

Right, well, I think that's really just a function of the fact that they don't like us very much. :) That, and Iran has had much better experiences having their way with men like Bob McFarlane, Caspar Weinberger and John Poindexter than they have arguing over embargoes and human rights with people like Madeleine Albright.

--P

--

Paul Smith
Foundry Zero