internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Re: Bush Back Bulge Back

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Re: Bush Back Bulge Back
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:56:04 -0400

In support of the earpiece theory, some people have looked for evidence of
past use of one. One particular clip has been used some online to suggest
he uses one. It's from CNN and is called Bush and the Odd Sync. What you
will hear is a voice clearly speak what President Bush then speaks moments
later. The "early" voice sounds very much like Bush himself.

One of the interesting earpiece debates is whether Bush has been using a
technique called Shadowing. This involves hearing something and then
repeating it almost instantly. The contention is that Bush may record his
own speeches early and then shadow himself in order to sound more coherent
and in place of a teleprompter since he is dyslexic.

Evidence of this was found online.

http://www.canofun.com/blog/videos/BushAndTheOddSync.wmv

This one is fairly easy to explain as a satellite glitch or similar. But I
went looking further for an additional clip. Fortunately I found one.

This version is from Fox and is from almost the entire event.

http://philbrittin.com/news/news.php

The video at this link has some very interesting and sometimes contradictory
evidence in it about how an earpiece is used.

The format is real player, but you can right click it and open it with media
player which I prefer...never thought I would say that!!!

Anyway.

What you will hear is the same as the CNN feed. A voice, more easily
identifiable as Bush himself - perhaps taped earlier, clearly says what Bush
then repeats. But there are some interesting things to note.

At 11 seconds the "Early voice" says: "And I look forward to working with
President Chirac..."

Bush then misspeaks : "And I look working, look forward to working with
President Chirac..." If Bush misspeaks the line, how could it be a
satellite sync error?

At 29 seconds into the speech the "Early Voice" becomes very loud, so much
so that Chirac actually looks over at Bush. At that time Bush's lips aren't
moving. This would make it appear that the "Early voice" is heard inside
the room. This further eliminates the idea of a sync error.

The volume of the sound changing also points to a technical glitch with an
earpiece or some such device.

At 1:21 Jim Angle begins speaking. Initially there is no "early voice" on
him.

At 1:24 Bush can be clearly seen removing an earpiece.

At 1:30 approximately, after Bush lays his earpiece down on the podium, Jim
Angle's audio changes and he begins to have his own "Early Voice"

At 2:41 approximately Bush puts his earpiece back in and "Early Voice" is an
English translation of Jacque Chirac's comments.