internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Sometimes it pays to get your facts straight

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tony Spencer" <tony AT tonyspencer.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Sometimes it pays to get your facts straight
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:51:10 -0400

Ok, so if you believe my question to be sincere then why do you think I
wasn't playing fair?

When I use 'loaded language' to express sarcasm (as you often do) I always
attempt make it blatantly obvious. From now on I'll include the obligatory
;) to avoid confusion.

--------------------

Back on topic:

Perhaps Soros did persuade someone to drop a 301 redirect to his site on
factcheck.com.

Note the cached copy of factcheck.com:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=%22factcheck%2Eco
m%22

"The Leading Education Site on the Net"

Now search for more sites with that exact phrase:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=%22The+Leading+Education+Site+on+th
e+Net%22

Now check the DNS entries for those sites. They all show the same:
------------------------------
REGISTRAR: DOMAINNAMESALES.COM

Registrant:
Name Administration Inc. (BVI)
Box 10518 A.P.O.
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands B.W.I.
KY

Domain name: EDUCATIONINFO.COM

Administrative Contact:
Domain, Administrator admin AT nameadmininc.com
Box 10518 A.P.O.
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands B.W.I.
KY
+1.345.946.6879
Technical Contact:
Domain, Administrator admin AT nameadmininc.com
Box 10518 A.P.O.
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands B.W.I.
KY
+1.345.946.6879

Registrar of Record: DomainNameSales
Record last updated on 20-Sep-2004.
Record expires on 07-Sep-2006.
Record created on 07-Sep-2003.

So that explains the Caymen Islands. The dude that owns all these domains
is banking in the Caymens, not Soros. I'm guessing the redirect wasn't
there yesterday but unfortunately Google's cache is very up to date and
Yahoo has no cache so its impossible to tell.