internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] 7-11-ification of America

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <edwes AT idisplay.com>
  • To: kelly AT metalab.unc.edu, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] 7-11-ification of America
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 10:50:57 -0400

>...The cuckoo clock
Harry Lime is such a wicked character. ....however, a favorite quote and definitely a top ten movie of all times!
Confederacy or not, ...You Go Graham Greene, Sir Carol Reed.
...thanks for the ...quote.
Ed W.

At 10:16 AM 9/30/2004 -0400, you wrote:
> Confederacy another try, but I'm not sure that's quite right, although it
> seems to have worked for Switzerland...

"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. What the fella says,
in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder,
and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the
Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years
of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
--Harry Lime in The Third Man (1949)

Cheers
KJ