internetworkers - [internetworkers] New gathering of nonprofit technology folks

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] New gathering of nonprofit technology folks
  • Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:45:28 -0400

The new Triangle 501 Tech Club (see
http://list.nten.org/lists/info/501techclub-triangle) is a monthly
gathering of people working on nonprofit technology in the Research
Triangle area. Our meetings are opportunities for anyone interested in
helping nonprofits use technology to get together and talk shop in a
fun, informal setting, and our name refers to the fact that most of us
work primarily with and for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations.

The first meeting, hosted by RTPnet and Triangle United Way, will be
held Thursday, September 9, at 6:00 p.m., in the Clubhouse of the
Colonial Grand at Arringdon, 5710 Arringdon Park Drive, Morrisville, NC
27560. This will be an opportunity to gather in a centrally located,
relaxed atmosphere and welcome two new Americorps*VISTA's -- Damita
Chambers and Vahid Nourani started September 2. The goal of Vahid and
Damita's project is to monitor, coordinate, and promote the Tech LinkUp
project (www.techlinkup.org) and provide support for TechCoop projects
(www.rtpnet.org/techcoop).

Please join us to welcome Vahid and Damita and learn more about the
Triangle 501 Tech Club, Tech LinkUp, TechCoop, how nonprofit
organizations can find technical assistance, how volunteers can assist
nonprofit organizations, and just socialize with kindred spirits.

If you think you would like to come, please let us know so that we can
provide enough refreshments -- send e-mail to info AT rtpnet.org.

Directions from I-40: Take Exit # 282, Page Road (toward the Sheraton
Imperial Hotel and Convention Center). Turn LEFT onto PAGE RD. Go 0.6
miles. Turn RIGHT onto ARRINGTON PARK DR. Pass through 1 roundabout. Or
check mapquest.com from where you are to 5710 Arringdon Park Drive,
Morrisville.

Directions from Glenwood Avenue/Hwy 70: Take Glenwood Avenue toward
Brier Creek Turn onto Brier Creek Parkway toward McDonald's Turn Left
onto Page Road Turn Right onto Old Page Road (before street name changes
to Sorrell Road) Arrive at 5710 Arringdon Park Drive, Morrisville on
Left (before I-40 junction).

Directions from I-540 Take I-540 West/South Take Exit #3 North Cargo
General Aviation Turn Left onto Page Road Turn Right onto Old Page Road
(before street name changes to Sorrell Road) Arrive at 5710 Arringdon
Park Drive, Morrisville on Left (before I-40 junction).

Call (919) 656-5999 if you get lost.

Judy Hallman <hallman AT rtpnet.org>
Kamira Jones <KJones AT unitedwaytriangle.org>

  • [internetworkers] New gathering of nonprofit technology folks, Judy Hallman, 09/06/2004