internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] wireless router with QoS

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] wireless router with QoS
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 17:05:58 -0400

On Aug 25, 2004, at 1:44 PM, Michael Best wrote:

I'm looking for a wireless router with some sort of packet prioritization
features. Does anyone know of such a beast? At a reasonable price? This
is for my home.

If you get the Linksys WRT54G you can use the Sveasoft (http://www.sveasoft.com/) firmware to handle this. The latest stable Satori v4.0 (current public, free) has some bandwidth controls, I think, but no web interface for it. For spending $20 you can get the current beta sveasoft firmware which has a QoS web interface.

--
Scott