internetworkers - Re: moral morale [was Re: [internetworkers] Help with Moral]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: moral morale [was Re: [internetworkers] Help with Moral]
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:01:53 -0400

I think Sil was just humorously riffing on the political and pun-worthy implications of your typo. Shoulda used a smiley, perhaps. :)

TaB

B wrote:
OK ok, so I was pressed by the arrival (at long last) of the veterinarian and didn't give my Subject line a final out-loud copyediting read before clicking Send. However, the last time *I*
corrected a poster's language (on another list, way back in the last century), I was bitched out for stepping on someone's heartfelt mini-screed. I was told then that pointing these things out was
bad netiquette. Do I now assume that this is an old-fashioned rule that no longer applies? I'll smile and thank you kindly for publicly noticing _all_ of my typos if this means that I get to parcel
out some grief rather than just cringe the next time I see "it's" used to mean "belonging to it" and "its" to mean "it is." As well, I'll take the
opportunity to correct those who misuse "their," "there" and "they're," and "to," "too," and "two." The next time someone uses
"mute" when they mean "moot" will bring a chuckle from my corner, instead of a sigh. Oh boy! I might even branch out into punctua
tion! ~B\