internetworkers - [internetworkers] Former UNOCAL Exec Takes Over Afghanistan

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: matusiak <dave AT matusiak.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers:http"@happyhouse.metalab.unc.edu://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/ <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Former UNOCAL Exec Takes Over Afghanistan
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:29:53 -0400

JPEG image

"I want YOU to suffer and pay for my excess!"

Former George Bush Sr. crony Hamid Karzai is quickly usurping control over Afghanistan for the foreseeable future. How can you trust someone who obviously has greater interest in Afghan energy resources than the actual Afghan people? This is about as respectable as Paul Bremer deciding that he should continue to run Iraq. The Neocon future is upon us.
--
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20040726_966.html

KABUL, Afghanistan July 26, 2004 — Afghan President Hamid Karzai dropped a powerful warlord from his electoral ticket after intense political wrangling that prompted NATO peacekeepers to beef up their presence on the streets of the capital.

The U.S.-backed interim leader selected a little-known brother of the late Afghan resistance hero Ahmad Shah Massood to be his chief running mate in a surprise move sure to test this volatile nation's fragile ethnic and factional balance.

"I hope the Afghan people will recognize us as a good team and I hope the people of Afghanistan will vote for us," Karzai told reporters summoned to a shady courtyard of the presidential palace.
--
How can you vote someone in who basically stole power a few months ago? Atrocious.