internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] move

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] move
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 09:22:05 -0400

On Mon, 2004-07-19 at 00:05, Sil Greene wrote:
> Reported 04.07.18 21:15 from Michael Best:
> .:Yeah they go right by my house west of Hillsborough. There was a short
> .:while once when the trains would go slowly and I practiced riding them
> .:for a quarter mile or so.
> .:
>
> ooo!! that actually sounds terribly cool. i might have to try that
> sometime ... there's a depot a mile or so down the track from my place and
> they're frequently slow. dunno if that wouldn't get me a visit from my
> friendly local FBI tho...

Yes, catching a ride on a train is liable to get you investigated by the
FBI / Homeland Security / etc. At the very best, if you're caught
you'll get a trespassing citation, but likely something worse than
that. The railroads are not pleased when someone is sighted and they
have to stop their train for an investigation, so they'll throw the book
at you.

However, there are several passenger trains you can ride in NC without
such fear. http://www.bytrain.org/ .

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |