internetworkers - [internetworkers] RE: MS Explorer problem

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Steve Steele" <Info AT MindbenderStudios.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] RE: MS Explorer problem
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 16:04:32 -0400

Running Hijack this does wonders for me.
I run it even when there's no apparent problem and I always find some a-hole
has installed something on my puter.

It fixes 99% of the varmints. Of course you have to know what to delete once
it provides you with a list of browser helpers.
Some of them you need. You can find it here:
http://www.siena.edu/antivirus/Spyware/hijackthis.htm

Also, here is a tutorial for the Hijack this:
http://hjt.wizardsofwebsites.com/. I've always been able to educate myself
the source and the purpose of the dastardly applets with a web search.

The next step is to read about these web annoyances because if you use IE,
your going to run into more and more of this. If we all switch to other
browsers, or God forbid Macs, the a-holes will start building nefarious
applets for these tools as well.

A couple of the sites I've found helpful are:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html,
http://computercops.biz/postitle55236-0-0-.html

Steve