internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] How do you Edit MSWord Spell Checker

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: quack AT ibiblio.org
  • To: Info AT MindbenderStudios.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] How do you Edit MSWord Spell Checker
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 13:49:44 -0400 (EDT)

You can modify your custom dictionary in the "Spelling & Grammar" [tab] of
the "Options" [dialog] under the "Tools" [menu]. Bring up the tab, click
the "Custom Dictionaries..." [button], select your dictionary, and click
on the "Modify..." [button]. From here you can go through the list and
delete any incorrect entries (click on the entry, then click the "Delete"
[button]).

If you have multiple custom dictionaries, I don't know how to predetermine
which dictionary the entry is contained in, other than an exhaustive
search. You might check them all anyways -- a bad entry might have made
its way into more than one dictionary.

HTH!
--Sil, Word-hater extraordinaire